NEW dockBoss air V2 Available Now!

blog-v2Last November we introduced a new addition to our dockBoss line of accessories that quickly became one of our most popular products. The dockBoss air has already helped thousands of people turn their old iPod speaker docks into great sounding, versatile wireless Bluetooth-enabled audio systems, and for that we are both thrilled and grateful. However, that did not make us complacent, and over time we identified some improvements which we thought could make the dockBoss air even better.

Fast forward to today, where that list of desired improvements has culminated in the release of the NEW dockBoss air. We use an updated version of Bluetooth, which has allowed for increased audio quality and volume. We’ve also done away with the old “pairing code” that you used to have to enter to connect. Our new “1-click pairing” feature combined with a better indicator light and audio cues for power and device connection make using the dockBoss air even easier than before. And last but not least, the dockBoss air now supports remote functionality, so you can use your speaker dock’s remote control to play, pause, & skip tracks.

All these new features plus a slick new form-factor means the dockBoss air has been improved in almost every single way. In our own (unshockingly bias) opinion, we think it’s the best wireless Bluetooth adapter on the market. We think you’ll agree, but don’t just take our word for it. Try for yourself and see.

The NEW dockBoss air is available right now at our web-store at cablejive.com, and will be available here on Amazon.com shortly.

24 Responses to NEW dockBoss air V2 Available Now!

1. Ian Kelleigh says:

Wow, I just got the original version LAST WEEK. Is there a way I can exchange it for this new version?

• cablejivezack says:

Sure, you’re well within the normal return period, so we’re happy to assist you with this. First, to submit your request, go to the CableJive Service page:

Select “I have a question about an order I placed” then select “I would like to return a product from my order” and fill in your order information. In the message box under “Please tell us the reason for your return,” simply note that you’d like to exchange your recently purchased dockBoss air adapter for the new V2 model and one of our team members will get back to you with instructions.

• ikelleigh says:

Thanks! I have the new 2.0 version and it doesn’t stay connected to the iPad or iPhone as reliably as the old one did. Is this is a known issue? Even if I have the device sitting right next to the Dockboss, music will play for a couple of seconds, stops, starts playing again, stops, etc. All the while the Dockboss keeps playing little sounds like it’s trying to connect. I never had this problem with the old version. Thanks1

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your business with us. I’m sorry to hear about this issue. This is not a known issue, and in fact, the new adapter should be better at staying connected, so there must be another issue here. Please contact our service team so they can help resolve this issue with you:

2. John Storlie says:

Cool! I waited for this version to come out. Glad I did…very good piece of tech. Love the audio quality…best investment I’ve made. Thanks guys!

3. Do It will work with the Bose sound dock first generation?

4. Shled℠ says:

Do the new version support ID3 for those of us wanting to use one for car audio?

PS Been a fan and customer for a long time. Thanks for such great support.

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your continued business and support! To answer your question, no, the new dockBoss air does not support ID3 tags currently.

5. Antonio says:

Does it work with iPod Hi-Fi?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any issues between the dockBoss air and any iPod Hi-Fi systems currently.

Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

6. I recently had your support team send me thew new DockBoss Air as my old one was acting up. It’s great, EXCEPT that the pairing is too good and it won’t stay disconnected when I want it to. For example I’d be listening through my DockBoss but want to switch back to my Mac. So I change my audio output in my system preferences AND even disconnect it from Bluetooth, but still, after a couple seconds of playing it on my computer, it’ll pair itself again and play from my DockBoss. What should I do!?

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your business and support of our company. The dockBoss air can only pair with one device at a time. When switching from a currently connected device to a different one, please follow these steps:

1.) First, you will have to unpair the dockBoss air from the currently-connected device. You can do this either by turning Bluetooth on the device off, or by going into your device’s Bluetooth settings and manually unpair the device from the dockBoss air (the option may be called “forget this device” or something similar).

2.) Once unpaired from the first device, scan for the dockBoss air on the new device, and connect to it.

If after trying this you are still having trouble, please send an email to our support team and they will be happy to assist you with this further from there:

• reinashishikura says:

Thank you for the response!
        Yes, I understand it can only pair with one device at a time. My issue is just #1 – after I unpair the device and leave it alone without pairing it to another device, it won’t stay unpaired. So again my example is that I’d be listening to music from my iMac through my DockBoss Air. Then I’d want to listen to it through my iMac internal speakers so I’d disconnect DockBoss Air from my iMac and click on “internal” in my system preferences > Sound. But still, after a few minutes, it would pair again.

• cablejivezack says:

My apologies, I did not exactly understand your issue. If you are not attempting to connect the dockBoss air to another device, but rather simply want to change your iMac’s audio output mode, then you do not have to unpair the adapter first. In fact, that may be what is triggering the issue in the first place. Try this:

1.) If it is not connected already, connect the dockBoss air to your iMac so that audio plays through it.

2.) Now, once connected, rather than going into the Bluetooth options, go straight into your “system preferences > Sound” and select internal speakers. Do not alter your Bluetooth settings at all.

3.) Once you’ve selected “Internal Speakers” and are able to hear sound coming from them, it should not try to repair with the dockBoss air (again, assuming you did not try to alter the Bluetooth setting at all after originally pairing ).

Please let me know if this worked for you or not.

7. Thanks cablejivezack, I did just those steps and dockBoss air still pairs itself even after I select the sound output. It’ll play through the sound output other than dockBoss air for a few minutes, then it will pair itself again. I’m really not sure what I can do anymore.

8. I have just received my dockboss and attached to my B&W Zeppelin. It is connected to my iMac (about 10 feet away in direct line of sight). Have an issue though as it intermittently goes quiet (say every 30-60 seconds). Any thoughts?