dockBoss air Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for iPod Speaker Docks

It’s a crazy day for us here at CableJive, as we launch our biggest non-cable product yet, the dockBoss air. Those familiar with our dockBoss line of products know that they’re designed to help expand the compatibility of 30-pin iPod speaker docks to connect with a wider range of devices, and it’s with the dockBoss air that we take that concept to its true (and logical) next level.

dockBoss air is a small adapter that connectes any Bluetooth-enabled audio device to your iPod speaker docks and systems, allowing you to stream HiFi audio wirelessly. It pairs with your devices quickly and easily so connecting to your systems is as simple as being in range. It’s powered by the docking station / system itself, so no need for chargers or batteries. Perfect for Android, Blackberry, Windows Phone, or new lightning-equipped iDevice users looking to get a working speaker dock for their audio players, or classic iPod, iPad, & iPhone users just looking to go wireless. Not to mention streaming audio from your PC, tablet, or laptop. Plus, if you have an AUX input in your car, you can pair it with our +USB Line Out Dock Cable and a USB car charger like our dualCarCharge and instantly add Bluetooth wireless audio to your car!

There’s never been a better time to be the boss of your dock. Our dockBoss air is available right now:

42 Responses to dockBoss air Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for iPod Speaker Docks

1. Austin Coulbourn says:

Received my dockboss air today (Sat 11/17/12) and it only works for about 2 mins. Using it on a Bose Soundock and have tried 2 iphone 4’s and one iphone 5 all with the same result. You’ve got to get this neat little thing working……….
    Order # 111129 – Austin Coulbourn, Pasadena, Maryland

2. John Russell says:

I received my dockBoss air today (Mon 11/119/12) I am having a similar issue. I am using an iphone 5, and connecting to my Bose sounddock. I can only stay connected for exactly 5 minutes, then i lose connection. I have sent a message to service, but I am curious as to how many others are experiencing this problem.

3. David says:

I received my dockboss air yesterday 11/20/12 and it works on my iHome alarm clock (not what I got it for) but it does not work on my samsung home theater ipod connection. My iphone connects to dockboss air but thats it. No sound, no control. And the cablejive service webpage allows me to make a selection from the drop down but does not advance to next page. Not much help.

• cablejivezack says:

David, We’re sorry to hear about this issue. You are correct to contact our team about this issue via the CableJive Service webpage. There is no “next page,” you simply make your selections that best fit your issue from the dropdown menus, then enter your email message in the message box, and an email is sent to our team from you right on that page. If you’re still having trouble with the service webpage, you can email us directly at service@cablejive.com. Our team will be happy to help resolve this issue with you.

4. cablejivezack says:

To anyone having trouble with the dockBoss air: Please contact our service team at http://www.cablejive.com/service and we’ll be happy to help resolve your issue from there. We are unable to address technical issues here on the blog. Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion.

5. Pingback: dockBoss air How-To-Pair Videos « CableJive Blog

6. Molly says:

In the last hour it has stopped playing music 4 times. Sometimes it still shows paired, other times the connection appears to have dropped. I’ve only tried this on a speaker at the office with my iPhone 4S. I am also trying to reach your customer service line, I select an item (none of which is problem with a product), and no form is being created… (either that site isn’t working, or maybe it’s our firewall?!)

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry to hear about the issue Molly, and that you’re having trouble with the Service web-help system. If you continue to have a problem with the website, you can email our team directly at service@cablejive.com and they’ll be happy to help you with this issue.

7. Deon karsten says:

Can you pls tel me in which shop can i buy a dockboss air
    Im leaving for uk tomorrow night and would like to buy one

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in the dockBoss air. Unfortunately, they are not sold in any retail stores yet, but we hope to change that soon. For now, you can purchase them from us directly or on Amazon.com, but unless you get overnight shipping you wouldn’t receive it in time for your trip. Sorry for any inconvenience, we wish we had a place we could tell you to go!

8. Chris says:

Do you know if the dockboss air will work with the alarm clock function on the iPhone 5 and stream my alarm tone to my Bose? Right now I’m using a lightning to 30 pin cable and don’t like the cable.

• cablejivezack says:

Great question! We actually haven’t tested this. What Bose docking station do you have specifically?

We’re away at CES this week, but when we get back next week I’ll be happy to test this for you and report the results.

• Chris says:

SoundDock® Portable digital music system. Can you test it at CES? I’ll ask someone I know who is at CES to stop by and ask.

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry, we don’t have access to a SoundDock Portable system here. However, we do have one back at our offices. Will test ASAP upon our return. Is your SoundDock Portable connected to a wall charger, or running on batteries?

• Chris says:

It’s plugged into the wall. I only run it on batteries when we take it out on the patio. If you have one of the other Bose SoundDocks, I’m sure it will work. Thanks, though, for all your help. 🙂

9. Chris says:

Have you gotten a chance to test this out for me?

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry Chris, just waiting on our SoundDock unit to return from CES (it was part of a display there). As soon as it’s in, I’ll be testing it for you ASAP. I hope it arrives by Friday, but if not I’ll keep you updated. Apologies for the unusually long delay here, this is honestly the only time of year this would be such an issue.

Hey Chris,

We’re still waiting for our Bose SoundDock to arrive back from CES, but since it didn’t come today I ran a couple tests on some other docks we have here so I could get some kind of answer for you. Here’s what I found:

For some reason, when using the alarm found in Apple’s pre-installed “Clock” App, we were not able to get the alarm to play through the dockBoss air at all. Similar to phone calls, once the alarm was set off, audio stopped playing through the dockBoss air and the alarm played through the phone’s speakers. It appears that Apple does not allow their own Alarm Clock App audio to be sent via Bluetooth’s A2DP protocol.

Just to test, I downloaded one of those free alarm clock apps, and when that alarm went off it DID play through the dockBoss air, so it seems this issue is strictly related to how Apple programed their own Alarm Clock App. Again, this was not tested on a Bose SoundDock yet, but since it seems related to the App itself, I suspect it would perform the same on any docking station.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit, and sorry again for the unusually long wait here. Our return policy is 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to order the dockBoss air to try out for yourself and return it if you aren’t satisfied with it.

• Chris says:

Thanks. Which free alarm clock app did you use? I might get one and try it with my Samsung Sound Bar using Bluetooth. Maybe that’s the way to go, get another alarm app that I can use to play my own music to.

• cablejivezack says:

The one I used was called “Alarm Clock HD – Free.” It was the first one that came up on the App store when I searched “alarm clock.” I did not do much research on it, so there certainly could be better free ones out there.

• Chris says:

Further question, my portable Bose SoundDock is a digital music player. Will your adapter work with digital systems or only analog systems? There are several out there that only work with analog system. Thanks!

• cablejivezack says:

Normally, our dockBoss air doesn’t work with “digital audio systems” but for some reason the protocol Bose uses seems to work fine. While there was a compatibility issue in our first batch, we’ve tested the latest version of our dockBoss air with the Bose SoundDock Portable, and it works just fine.

10. Ankush Goyal says:

Is it compatible with the first generation Bose Sound Docks which are having no aux input and no charging for iPhone/Ipod.

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our company! Currently, it will only work with the first generation Bose SoundDock if you use it in combination with one of our dockStubz adapters. The dockStubz will allow for the appropriate power to pass through for the dockBoss air (and other iPod & iPhone devices as well), but without the dockStubz the SoundDock will not be able to power the dockBoss air. We are investigating possible solutions to this issue, but no timetable for a solution at this time.

11. Adam says:

I have an iPhone 5 and a Bose SoundDock portable. I bought the Bose dock brand new in 2010, so I assume it is first generation. Is the dock boss compatible with this model of sounddock?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products! The dockBoss should work just fine with the Bose SoundDock portable.

12. François says:

I bought a DockBoss air and it works great with my Android phone but I’m wondering if it would work with this http://www.iogear.com/product/GBMA211W6/
    as I can’t type any number on that device, just put it in discovery mode. Any idea?
    I’d like to stream the audio of my TV to my sound system.

Thanks!

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your support of our company! We have never tested the dockBoss air with that iogear accessory, nor have we received any reports from our customers about that device, so we cannot be sure if it will work. You raise a valid concern, because without any input mechanisms, I’m not sure how you would get that iogear Bluetooth adapter to connect to an accessory that has a pairing code. However, as pairing codes are not unusual, it wouldn’t surprise me if they have or know of a solution. You might want to try getting in touch with iogear to ask about it.

I’m sorry we can’t be of more help on our end, we just have no experience with that iogear adapter.

13. Cesar says:

Can I use the dockBoss air to connect to my car radio USB port? The USB port on my car radio only support iphones / ipods.

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. What kind of iPod compatible audio system do you have in your car specifically (brand & model if possible)?

14. Cody says:

If you connect it to your car stereo will you still be able to see the song info on the radio?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. Currently the dockBoss air does not send song information, however it is something we are looking into for future versions.

15. David says:

I recently received my dockboss air and am having trouble with it. It will work fine with my Bose dock station but will not connect with my USB cable in my truck nor with the USB device in my utv.
    Any suggestions? (I did email support four days ago and haven’t had a reply yet)

• cablejivezack says:

Hi David, so sorry for the delay. I’ve just talked to our service team and they informed me you should see a response shortly. Please let me know if you do not see one by tomorrow, and I will be happy to help you further from there.

16. Patrick says:

I have had my DockBoss for 2 months now and it has never worked with my 2009 Prius. Is it a lost cause?

• cablejivezack says:

I’m sorry to hear about this issue Patrick. Please get in touch with our service team ASAP so they can assist you with this:

In the future, if you ever receive one of our products and have any trouble with it, please contact our service team immediately. This way we can get a replacement out to you if needed, or we can authorize a return should it turn out to be a compatibility issue. You can return anything you order from us within 60-days of your original date of purchase if it doesn’t work as you’d hoped.

17. Pingback: NEW dockBoss air V2 Available Now! | CableJive Blog