samDock Troubleshooting

AudioOutputModeNoteIIOur new samDock cable opens up a world of options for Samsung Galaxy SIII & Note II owners to connect to a variety of high-quality iPod docks and speaker systems for charging, listening to audio, and syncing data. Never before has such a solution been created specifically for Galaxy devices. In most cases it is a seamless, plug-and-play accessory giving you instant access to your docking system’s features. However, we were just made aware of a very particular setting that may be preventing the samDock from working for some customers  right off the bat. The good news is, there’s a simple solution.

If you connect your Galaxy SIII or Note II to a docking station with the samDock and you are able to get charging but not audio, you’ll want to make sure that you have enabled your device to send audio through it’s micro USB connector. To do this, go into the settings menu, click on the “Accessory” tab, and ensure “Audio output mode” is selected with a check mark (see image). On some devices, that “Accessory” tab may be named “Dock” instead, but the menu you’ll find within is the same, and the solution is just as simple. If you have confirmed that Audio output mode is enabled and you still have trouble getting the samDock to work, please don’t hesitate to contact our service department at www.cablejive.com/service and we’ll be happy to help you further from there.

73 Responses to samDock Troubleshooting

1. Marri Lundquist says:

I am getting a lot of static. Do you have a suggestion for that?

• cablejivezack says:

That’s certainly not normal, and it’s not something we have a “general” solution for. However, if you get in touch with our service team they’ll be happy to work out the specifics with you and help get this issue corrected. Please contact our team at: http://www.cablejive.com/service

• Josh R Maher says:

I just got my SamDock and hooked my Galaxy Note II to our Ihome dock station. It produces an amount of static that makes it useless. Volume doesnt change the level of static. Meaning it is not volume controlled. You can drown it out if you crank it up but that not our preferred level for enjoyment.

• cablejivezack says:

I’m sorry to hear about this issue with your samDock. That certainly does not sound like normal behavior. Please contact our service team about this issue and they’ll be happy to help you from there: http://www.cablejive.com/service

2. Pingback: samDock Connects Samsung Galaxy Phones to Apple 30-pin Sound Docks

3. Mike says:

The samDock Device does not work with my Bose Dock Station. My cell is a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a iPod 30GB

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry to hear that Mike, the samDock should work with Bose Docking Stations just fine. As long as you’ve ensured that you have Audio Output Mode enabled and it still isn’t working, please contact our service department at http://www.cablejive.com/service and we’ll be happy to help you resolve this issue from there.

4. mark says:

I have the samsung galaxy 111 and I connect it to our Bose sound dock, the sound stops and starts every 2 seconds,very annoying, the samdock also does not recharge the phone,I have set my phone to the correct audio out put and to get any sound ,I have to wiggle the 30 pin female connection back and forth to hear any thing,(stops and starts).I will try with a friend’s sound dock later, but it seems to me that there is an issue with the samdock 30 pin female connector or the samdock is not a 100 percent compatible with the Bose sound docks,any insight would be helpful
    Regards
    mark

5. Derek Preston says:

Any idea if this works in a 2008 Audi a4 Quattro? Its stock stereo has a built in ipod connector in the glove capartment.

Thanks

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We have no reported issues between the samDock and any Audi systems currently. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

6. Amy says:

I have a Samsung galaxy S4 & can get audio from an older ipod dock/alarm clock using the samdock but not frommy Sony docking system, charges only. Have tried the trouble shooting suggestion but still no sound, any suggestions? Use of the samdock with this dock was the main reason for my purchase of this device.

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your business with us. I’m sorry to hear about this issue, but our support team will be happy to assist you with it. Please contact our support team at http://www.cablejive.com/service and they can help resolve this issue with you from there.

• German says:

You must have an little Icon when you connect SG SIV device, just in the dockstation initial screen (those that you can see automaticly when connect the S4 to Sony Dock through the cable). Click the icon (up-right) and sound will outpout to the dock. Works with my Sony Personal Audio Docking System ICF-DS11iP.

7. Scot says:

Is there going to be a lightning connector version of this any time soon?

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products Scot! We are researching a number of potential Lightning connector accessories currently. While we have nothing concrete on an exact “Lightning-version of the samDock” just yet, we will be releasing a product this summer that will allow you to connect ANY device to a 30-pin docking station (including Lightning-connector iDevices). You can sign up to be notified when that product is available on this page:

8. nick says:

I have a infinity fx35 2009 that has a apple wire when I plug my samdock i get no music it even doesn’t recognize the my phone samsung galaxg s3 help

9. Rebecca Nichols says:

When I connect my Samsung Galaxy 4 to the samdock and my ipod cable in the car it doesn’t play music and I get a screen that I have never seen before and can’t get out of the screen while it is plugged in. Does this cable work with the Galaxy 4 or do I need to return it?

• cablejivezack says:

Hi Rebecca. First off, thank you for your business with us. I’m sorry to hear about this issue. That certainly doesn’t sound like normal samDock behavior. Please contact our support team at http://www.cablejive.com/service, and they’ll be happy to help resolve this issue with you from there.

• Kevin Magee says:

fwiw, I have the Galaxy s4 and use the Samdock to connect to the specialized iPod cable of the lockpick of my 2012 Jeep Wrangler RHR car radio. I thought I had become so clever i’d never be able to hear the audio through my car radio again but the Samdock works like a charm.

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your business and support Kevin!

10. Ellioyy says:

When connected to my S3, will I be able to change the track with the buttons on my steering wheel?

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products. The samDock does not currently provide remote functionality, so you’d have to use the controls on your S3. However, it is something we are looking into, with hopes of possibly including it in the future.

11. Michael Heacock says:

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a Sony iPod Dock/Radio/Alarm Clock. The android operating system is 4.2.1.

The phone will charge when docked using the cable, but not audio. I do have an Audio option, under a Dock heading in the Sound section in the Settings app … but the Audio option is greyed out and not selectable, even when the phone is “docked” via the cable.

Does the cable work with Samsung Galaxy Nexus phones? Does it work with Sony Docking units? (My iPod Touch works fine with the Sony unit.)

• cablejivezack says:

I’m sorry to hear about this issue, but the samDock is only compatible with Samsung devices which they have allowed “Audio Output Mode” to be enabled. As far as we are aware, the only Samsung devices that have this ability are the Note 1 & 2, and the Galaxy S3 & S4. If that option is greyed out for you no matter what, then it is likely that the Galaxy Nexus does not have this capability.

Regardless, please get in touch with our support team so they can help try to resolve this issue with you, or set a return up for you:

12. kevin matthewson says:

Is the Samdock compatible with the S4?

Many thanks

• cablejivezack says:

Hi Kevin. First off, thank you for your interest in our products. To answer your question, yes, the samDock is compatible with the Galaxy S4 (and as the post above reads, you’ll want to make sure Audio Output Mode is enabled).

13. rob says:

does the samdock work with infinity g 37x ipod car connector?

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any issues between the samDock and Infiniti G37x systems currently. However, our samDock cable has had some compatibility issues in the past with certain other Infiniti systems, so it’s possible that you could run into a compatibility issue here.

Regardless, anyone can return anything they order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

14. Rashid says:

Hi guys, I have this samdock for my SGS2 I believe it should work with my phone, but when I connected it to the car stere ipod cable it just does nothing no sound no charging.

• cablejivezack says:

First off, I’m sorry to hear about this issue. The samDock is only compatible with Samsung devices which they have allowed “Audio Output Mode” to be enabled (as detailed in the post above). You’ll want to ensure that is enabled in your S2 settings as I believe Samsung has enabled this feature for S2s. If it is enabled and you still do not hear any audio, then there may be some other issue at work here.

If that is the case, please get in touch with our support team so they can help try to resolve this issue with you:

• Wilhelm Landt says:

just got the samdock and connected with galaxy s2 and sony docking station. audio output mode is enabled. no audio, only charging…please help

• Wilhelm Landt says:

sorry. works. had a false setting in the docking station (audio in instead of ipod)

• cablejivezack says:

No worries, glad your problem is resolved! Thanks for your business!

15. Daniel Camacho says:

Is samdock compatible with samsung galaxy s2 ?

• cablejivezack says:

Yes, samDock is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S2 as long as you have Audio Output Mode enabled.

16. Nick says:

Samsung Galaxy S3 connected to a Bose Docking station via a new Samdock cable – horrendous static and assorted interference. The connection between 30 pin plug and Docking station doesn’t feel as positive as it might. This is a serious disappointment and the only option pro tem is keep my old iphone. ..long term though will be to dump the Galaxy – docking station is more expensive than the phone!

• cablejivezack says:

I’m sorry to hear about this issue. We’ve tested the samDock numerous times on our own Galaxy S3 and Bose SoundDock music stations here in our offices, so I can assure you this is not normal functionality. There must be some other issue at work here, and it is most likely that you have a defective cable. Please get in touch with our support team so they can help resolve this issue, and get you a replacement if needed:

17. Mike says:

I received my samDock cable and when I plug it into my Klipsh iGroove HG it will play the sound but will not charge my Galaxy S3. The same thing happens when I connect it to my ipod cable and boat stereo. I get sound but know charging. I ordered two cables and both do the same thing. What am I missing?

• cablejivezack says:

Mike, I’m sorry to hear about this issue. I noticed that you’ve had some communication with our service team recently via email. You should see a new email from them shortly, where they will be able to help you further from there. I apologize for any confusion, and I assure you we’ll help resolve this with you.

18. Kylie says:

I am very interested in getting one to connect Galaxy S4 to my Sony docks but postage from the US to Australia (and especially the return postage if it doesn’t work!) is prohibitively expensive. Is there anywhere in Australia that stocks the Samdock? Thanks

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products Kylie. Unfortunately, we don’t have any Australian resellers of samDock currently, however we hope to in the future. Regardless, what Sony docking system do you have specifically? If you can tell me that, I’ll be happy to check for any known issues (or confirmed successes) in our service system for you.

19. brady says:

I have a Samsung galaxy note 2 and I am having problems trying to play music through my speakers it’s charging and I made sure that it is on the right settings I also tried to use it on another pair of speakers

20. Gary fletcher says:

Hi can anyone tell me if the cable jive is compatible in my audi q7 , I have a iPhone connection in the glove compartment and have a cable jive connector for my galaxy 3 , I can link the male iPhone connection to the female cable jive connector although it charges i can’t seem to get music through my sound system ,all the phone connections are correct as I can get music from my docking station- please help , Gary

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your business with us Gary. We aren’t aware of any issues between the samDock and Audi Q7 systems currently. However some of our other dockBoss cables, which use very similar technology, have had some compatibility issues in the past with those systems, so it’s possible that you may be experiencing a compatibility issue here.

I notice you’ve had communication with our customer service team as of August 23rd. Please contact them regarding this issue so we can provide you with some kind of resolution.

21. Greg Gaudie says:

Hi I have an onkyo doc station plays my iphone and iPods,I have recently bought the samdock cable for my samsung s3 it doesn’t recognise my phone but charges fine the music plays but only from the phone. I have entered the correct settings but still no joy any ideas on how to resolve this problem. Thanks.

22. carol s martin says:

I just received my samdock and it charges my phone perfectly, but I have a lot of static when I turn the music on..It isn’t my sony dock having the problem as I have an Ipod and it works great on the dock..help

23. Olie says:

Would this work with a Sony Xperia z or z1?

24. Kristin says:

Love this product. Thanks for saving my Bose and iHome from Goodwill!

25. PAUL says:

Is the sam dock compatable with galaxy ace2 smartphone

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products. Does your Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone have the Audio Output Mode option as shown in this post?

26. Patrick says:

Hi
    I bought a SamDock Samsung Adapter cable for my Samsung Galaxy S3 about a month ago. It is NOT working on my 2008 infiniti G37S when I plugged it in my iPod cord extender.
    I tried the troubleshooting above and nothing works
    Please advise!

27. Scott Vine says:

Hi ther I bounght a samdock but I cant get it to work with my sony rdh-gtk11ip can you help

28. Matt says:

hey just wondering does the samdock cable work with Alpine radio car head units, cant remember my model, sorry. also is it compatible with Note 3s

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products! The samDock is compatible with the Galaxy Note 3, however it has had compatibility issues with a few Alpine digital audio systems. If you had the model number I could check for your specific unit. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60 days from your original date of purchase, so feel free to order one to try and return it if it does not work for you.

• Olie says:

Hi, does this work with pioneer audio systems? In particular the XW-NAS3-K

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products! The samDock, like our other dockBoss products, has had some compatibility issues with some of Pioneer’s digital audio systems, and we’ve had one report of it not working with the XW-NAS3-K, so I’m not sure it would work for you currently. We will continue to look into this issue, in hopes of finding a solution for a future version of this product. Hopefully our products can help you elsewhere. If your car system has an AUX audio input, you can use our dockBoss air Car kit to connect devices to your system wirelessly via Bluetooth:

29. michael says:

I have changed the settings on accessories and all I get is my phone charged. Still no sound. What do I do now?

30. Teck Khoon says:

Hi why my samdock got static noise when I plug it into my player?

31. Federico Monge says:

What about the compatibility of Galaxy S4 with JVC KW-AVX840 thru the SamDock? Also, with Sharp speakers DK-KP80?

• cablejivezack says:

I’ve just checked in our system and we have no reported issues with either of those systems yet. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to order anything from us to try, and return it if it does not work as you’d hoped.