dockBoss Compatibility Help

Our dockBoss and dockBoss+ cables have helped thousands of people connect non-iPod devices to a growing variety of previously iDevice-exclusive music systems. With standard docking stations, like the Bose SoundDock and countless others, compatibility has been excellent almost across the board. However, when it comes to home theater or car-oriented systems, there are still some that don’t want to play nice. Here’s a good way to tell ahead of time whether or not a dockBoss cable will be compatible with your system:

Find (or borrow) an iPod or iPhone and connect it to your system. If upon connecting, the iPod/iPhone gets locked onto a screen that reads “accessory connected” or something similar (see example on right), and you find yourself unable to use the controls on the iPod/iPhone, there’s a good chance the dockBoss won’t work for you.

Here’s why: Systems that lock an iPod or iPhone’s screen and control mechanism use a digital audio interface, which specifically requires an iPod or iPhone to be connected. These systems are custom-built, with elements like control, data, playlists, etc., all deeply ingrained in their own unique software. It isn’t simply good enough to “trick” those systems into thinking an iPod is connected because they actually require the ability to continuously communicate with an iDevice on a system-specific level.

If you find that your system does not lock the iPod/iPhone’s screen and controls, then there’s a good chance a dockBoss cable WILL work for you. These systems use an analog audio interface, which generally jives quite well with dockBoss cables, allowing you to listen to whatever your heart desires from your favorite non-iDevice.

So next time you’re unsure if the dockBoss will work for you, borrow an iPod or iPhone and see if you get locked out. If not, then you should be good to go. As always feel free to email any specific questions to us at service@cablejive.com

140 Responses to dockBoss Compatibility Help

1. Pingback: iPhone cable converter? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

2. rh bloore says:

wil this cable connect android phone to a b/ray dvd with iphone dock .thank you.

3. Dan Gibb says:

Will this work with my alarm clock where I can put my iPhone on

4. Pingback: Bluetooth Question for the experts - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

5. Erik says:

The dockboss+ for iPhone 5 did NOT work in my Nissan that has an iPod interface cable.

6. Will this connect to the network to use with AirPlay?

7. Paul Willis says:

Do you know whether or not the dockBoss will work with the built-in iPod dock in a 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit? If not, will I be able to return the dockBoss if it is not compatible?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. Our dockBoss cables have had some issues with VW systems in the past, but we haven’t confirmed any issues with the 2008 Rabbit yet. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from the original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and send it back if it doesn’t work out for you.

• Paul Willis says:

Thanks Zack! Looking forward to giving it a try! I’ll let you guys know if I discover that it doesn’t work. BTW, you guys have some great product ideas. Excellent stuff!! And thanks again.

• cablejivezack says:

Anytime Paul, thank you so much for your support of our company!!

8. adrian says:

will your dockboss stream video? or just music.

9. Pingback: CableJive samDock Review | Chasing Down Technology - RunAroundTech.com

10. Ketil says:

Does DockBoss AIR work with Windows Phone 8?

K.

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products! To answer your question, the dockBoss air is able to play audio from any device that has Bluetooth capabilities. Any compatibility issues would be between the dockBoss air and the speaker dock or iPod system.

11. Alan says:

Does the DockBoss+ work with the iPod Dock in a Nissam Micra 25th Anniversary Edition?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We have no confirmed issues between the dockBoss+ and any Nissan Micra systems yet, so they should work together. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from the original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and send it back if it doesn’t work out for you.

12. PAUL FITZSIMONS says:

Will the DockBoss work with my Original Bose Soundock?

• Jean says:

Yeah, that was my question, thanks for helping me to integrate my old original bose sounddock with my ipad 2, I will be ordering the device that lets me connect via bluetooth!

• Steve Blocker says:

I got a DockBoss for this very reason. Doesn’t work with Original Soundock. Bitter. Sending it back.

• cablejivezack says:

Steve, first off, thank you for your business with us. I’m sorry to hear you’ve having trouble, but all of our dockBoss products should be compatible with your original Bose SoundDock, so there is likely another issue at work here. We were able to locate your return request, and someone from our service team will be in touch with your shortly to help resolve this issue.

• JUAN CARLOS L says:

I have the same problem. My dockboss 5 doesn’t work at my sound dock Bose first generation. What can I do? Will you change my product Or give me a docktubz+ instead of dockboss 5? The docktubz+ charges Or the same thing will occur with it?

• cablejivezack says:

The dockBoss5 requires USB power (5 Volt) in order to function. The 1st Generation Bose SoundDock outputs Firewire power (12 Volt), which is why it does not charge newer 30-pin iPods and iPhones either. The dockStubz+ converts 12 Volt Firewire power into 5 Volt USB power, so it will allow you to use the dockBoss5, or charge newer 30-pin iPods and iPhones directly when in use.

13. Leo C says:

Bought a DockBoss Air for my 2009 Infiniti G37x wih Navigation and iPhone 4s

The DBAir Pairs but I get no inforor audio in the interface – I am also sing a DB+ in order to charge my pone – plugged in works OK, hoping for wireless for convenience – an I missing something? I can still use my phone apps when pugged in.

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry to hear about this issue Leo. I apologize, as I am not equipped to assist you with it here, but our service team can certainly help get to the bottom of it. Please contact them at http://www.cablejive.com/service and they’ll be happy to help resolve this issue with you from there.

14. Mark Buckles says:

My car has a ipod male input cable to connect to the audio and i use an micro usb for my android phone is there an adapter to connect my phone to this input connection? Thanks, MB

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products Mark. What kind of Android phone do you have specifically?

• Mark Buckles says:

I have Motorola photon, after looking over your products i believe the Dockboss+ would be the best fit, but i also saw where it was discontinued.

• cablejivezack says:

Correct, the dockBoss+ would have been your best bet. You may have noticed a mailing list signup on that product page. We are currently working on a new product that will have similar functionality to our old dockBoss+ cable. If you sign up to that list, you’ll be notified as soon as it’s ready. No exact timetable for that product yet, but we hope it’ll be ready within the coming months. You also have a few other options to choose from as well:

dockBoss (straight audio connection, no charging): http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBoss.html
        dockBoss air (wireless audio via Bluetooth): http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBoss-air.html
        dockBoss iPhone 5 Kit (will work with your device too, you just need your own Micro USB cable to plug in): http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBossplus-for-iPhone-5.html

• Mark Buckles says:

I noticed you sell the dockboss+ that i assume has been sent to someone and they returned it, that one would work as well correct? Also thanks for all the help i will purchase something from Cablejive i just would like to get charger and audio together so i do not have wires running all over the car. Thanks again.

• cablejivezack says:

Yes, my apologies Mark, I should have attached that link. We do have some of our certified pre-opened dockBoss+ cables left, which should work well for you: http://www.cablejive.com/products/Pre-Opened-dockBossplus.html

• Mark Buckles says:

Zack, thanks again i will be purchasing one shortly. Thanks for the information, great products will pass along these electronic solutions to my friends.

• cablejivezack says:

Anytime Mark. Thank you for your support of our company!

15. Mike says:

Will DockBoss+ work with BMW Genuine IPod Interface (like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/BMW-Genuine-Interface-Connection-Retrofit/dp/B006JMJSEC) ?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any existing issues between the dockBoss+ and that BMW Genuine iPod interface, so they should work fine together. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

• Patrick says:

Mike, have you had any luck using the DockBoss+ with the BMW Ipod Interface? I am hoping that this works, so I can use my iphone in my Bimmer.

16. Hector says:

Does the DockBoss works with a Harman-Kardon system on a BMW 328i 2011? Thanks.

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We have not personally tried the dockBoss with any BMW Harman-Kardon systems, so we are not positive. We have received 2 reports of issues from customers who were using BMW Harman-Kardon systems. One customer was using a 2003 system, and the other a 2004 system. It is possible these issues do not affect later models such as your 2011 system, but the issue could still persist.

Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to order one to try, and return it if it doesn’t work for you.

17. Chris Chastain says:

I purchased the samdock for my galaxy s2 skyrocket to play/charge on my ihome. It charges but will not play audio. Plus, when my phone is done charging, the blue “home” screen turns on and stays on. Right until I wake up, maybe 5 hours. Purchased the dock extender for iphone, pleased with that purchase. The samdock, not so much.

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry for any confusion Chris, but the samDock is only compatible with Galaxy smartphones that have the “Audio Output mode” which allows audio to be sent through that Micro USB connector. We know Samsung has enabled that Galaxy SIII to have this feature, but we are not sure if they have enabled the same for the “S2 skyrocket” you have. If your phone is able to send audio through that connector, here is how to enable it:

If it appears that your smartphone does not allow this, please contact our support team to schedule a return for a refund:

18. Tom says:

Does the dockBoss work for a Sony MHCEC609ip iPhone & iPod Shelf System ? Thanks.

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any existing issues between the dockBoss and Sony MHCEC609ip, so they should work fine together. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

19. Mandy says:

I have Russound surround sound built into my condo with an ipod dock in the wall. Will this dockBoss work with it or will I need the dockBoss plus?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any existing issues between the dockBoss and any Russound systems currently, so they should work fine together. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

20. david clifton says:

when do you think cable jive will offer a 3.5mm phono connector to female 30-pin that works with digital audio devices such as pure i20… (ie same as dock boss but accepts digital audio)

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products David. Unfortunately, while it is something we are researching, we do not have any plans to release a cable like that currently. However, should that change, we’ll be sure to report it here on our blog (as well as our website and other social media channels), so keep an eye out for future updates.

21. Rich says:

Will your cable work with USA SPEC IPod interface? I have this installed in my Honda Ridgeline and would like to use it for my Samsung. Thanks!

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. What model of USA SPEC iPod system do you have specifically? And are you asking about this dockBoss cable specifically:

Once I confirm that info with you, I’ll be happy to check our service database for any known issues.

• Rich says:

Thanks for replying! I am referring to the sam dock and the model of my usa spec is PA15-HON2.

• cablejivezack says:

My pleasure Rich. I have just checked our system and unfortunately we have confirmed an issue with one other customer who was using the samDock and a USA Spec PA15-HON2 system, so it is unlikely that the two will work together. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from the original date of purchase if it doesn’t work as you’d hoped, so you’re welcome to try for yourself if you’re interested.

22. lutimatlys says:

bonjour j ai achetez le dockboss mais il ceux passe rien quand le le connecte sur mon toyota corolla verso que ceux soit avec mon MP3/MP4 ou avec mon blackberry pouvais vous m aidez merci d avance

• cablejivezack says:

Bonjour, je suis désolé d’entendre parler de ce problème. S’il vous plaît email service@cablejive.com et nous serons heureux de vous y aider.

• M.Y says:

I have the same problem , I have a Toyota Auris 2008 which has the ipod integeration kit.
        I tried other similar products but it didnot work.
        Now I am wondering if dockboss air can connect my Google nexus galaxy to my car sound system via ipod integration kit.

Regards,

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately, our dockBoss air alone is not compatible with Toyota’s 2008 iPod integration kits. However, if your Toyota stereo system has another method for audio input, like a 3.5mm stereo minijack connection, you could use our dockBoss air Car Kit to get wireless Bluetooth audio for your vehicle:

23. Robert says:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 /SPH-D710 running on 4.0.4 and I have a Sony surround system with a docking station: Digital Media Port Adaptor; moddockBossel#: TDM-iP10.
    Will the dockBoss work…? Or the samDock…?
    I do have an audio output mode setting feature. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Robert

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any existing issues between the samDock and the Sony TDM-iP10 currently, so they should work fine together. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

• Robert says:

So would you recommend the dockBoss or samDock?
        Again, I have a Galaxy S2 model#: SPH-D710.

Robert

• cablejivezack says:

My apologies for missing that part of your question Robert. As far as connecting to iPod music systems, both the dockBoss and the samDock use the same technology, so if your Galaxy S2 has the audio output mode to send audio through micro USB, then the samDock would be your best match (assuming it works with your system).

24. John Aidoo says:

Will db work with my 2006 BMW 530xi iphone/ipad/ipod factory installed adapter. Most of my music is on Zune player.

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any existing issues between the dockBoss and the 2006 BMW 530xi currently, so they should work fine together. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

25. Wil says:

Hi there, I drive a 2010 Acura CSX and the iPod dock built into the sound system has a female USB jack to plug in a standard iPod cable. I was going to plug in my cable to the female jack and then the dockBoss Air into the cable. Would it be compatible? When I plug my iPhone 4 into the car’s audio system it definitely locks the controls and I would like some reassurance. Also, if I return something to you within 60 days will you reimburse the shipping costs to me as well since I’d need shipping to Canada?

Thanks

• cablejivezack says:

Hi Wil, and thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any existing issues between the dockBoss and any Acura CSX systems currently. While the fact that your system locks your controls is concerning (because many systems that require digital audio signals do that also), considering no one has ever reported an issue with that system to us it’s tough to tell for sure if it will work or not.

Regardless, all our customers (including international) can return anything they order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you. We are unable to provide return labels to international customers in the event a return for refund is needed, meaning you would have to pay return shipping. However, in this instance, when we process your refund we would also include the original shipping charges you paid to help compensate you for your return costs. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

26. cablejivezack says:

Jason, first off, thank you for your previous business with us and your support of our company. To answer your question, yes, we did update the dockBoss air around January 2013. Our first batch had a compatibility issue with certain newer SoundDock systems (specifically, this issue was brought to our attention with the Bose SoundDock Portable). The issue was that it would work perfectly for a few minutes, but it would continuously disconnect.

We were able to resolve that issue with our next batch, and as of January 2013 this issue has been resolved. We have not gotten to test it with a Bose SoundDock 10 specifically, but I suspect this issue has been resolved with that system as well. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if for some reason this issue with the Bose SoundDock 10 is different (which would be surprising news to us).

P.S. dockBoss air is 10% off right now, and we’re offering free USPS first class shipping on orders over $35 until 6/3/2013: http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockBoss-air.html

27. Daniel says:

Hi :)

I don’t know which cable to choose : I have an Ipad 2 dock and a smartphone with micro-USB (Huawei Honor)…

Daniel

• cablejivezack says:

Hi Daniel. First off, thank you for your interest in our products. Can you please tell me what iPad dock you have specifically (make/model if possible)? Once I know that, I will be able to make the best possible recommendation to you.

28. Joe says:

I am wanting to upgrade to the new galaxy S4 from my iPhone 4. The only problem is that with my job I am on call 24/7 and I am a very deep sleeper. The only way that I wake up is because my iPhone plays the phone call ringer through my ihome when I get a call. If I upgrade to a new s4 will this cable allow the s4 ringer to play through the ihome as well as music audio?

• cablejivezack says:

Hi Joe. First off, thank you for your interest in our products. To answer your question, based on what we know, if you get a phone call while the samDock is attached, the phone should ring both from the Galaxy and through the docking station. I imagine that should work well to wake you up ; )

However, it is possible that it does not behave this way across all docking stations. If you order one, try this out as soon as you get it, and if you encounter anything other than what we predicted, please let us know. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it should it not work as you’d hoped or need it too.

29. Jason says:

Will dockboss work with 2010 VW Jetta Limited?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products Jason. We’ve never had any issues reported to us between the dockBoss and any Jetta Limited systems specifically. However, the dockBoss cable has had issues with other 2010 VW systems, so it’s possible that you may encounter a compatibility issue here.

30. Pritpal says:

Will your product work with Audi AMI interface with Ipod/Iphone interface cable on the 2008 Audi A6 with Bose sound system?

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any issues between the dockBoss and any Audi A6 systems currently. However, our dockBoss cable has had some compatibility issues in the past with certain other Audi systems, so it’s hard to say that this will work 100% (however, we haven’t had any reported issues with any Audi AMI, or Bose systems in Audis, so that’s promising as well).

Regardless, anyone can return anything they order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if isn’t compatible for you.

31. Carlos says:

Hi, I have the yamaha pdx-30 loudspeakers, which only admit ipod-type connection. Once the device is connected I can skip songs with the loudspeaker’s remote. Anyway I can also use the ipod directly (the ipod doesn’t get locked). When you first connect the ipod to the dock, there’s a light in the loudspeakers that begins to blink until the connection is established or turns red if no connection is managed. I tried a bluetooth adapter similar to yours but the light ended red and didn’t manage to work. I’m interested in the dockboss cable or the dockboss air. Thanks.

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products Carlos! We have had a few customers confirm that our dockBoss cable works just fine with the Yamaha PDX-30 docking station. Also, while we have not had any customers confirm the same with our more recent dockBoss air, we haven’t had any issues reported to us either, so it certainly should work there also based on what we know.

32. Francis says:

Hi, will the dock boss work with my USA Spec PA12-BMW?

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any issues between the dockBoss and USA Spec PA12 systems specifically. However, our dockBoss cable has had some compatibility issues in the past with certain other USA Spec systems, so it’s possible that you could run into a compatibility issue here.

33. Robert says:

Hi will the the Dockboss air work with a 2009 infiniti g37x ipod connector if I also use it with the DocBoss5 and your usb to 30 pin connector? So it would go something like connect the docboss5 to the infiniti g37x built in ipod connector and then use your usb to 30 pin connector to connect the Dockboss Air. Does this sound possible. I am trying to get bluetooth streaming using my cars inbuilt ipod connector

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products Robert. Unfortunately, based on the compatibility issues we’ve had reported to us between the dockBoss air and Infiniti G37 systems, it’s unlikely the dockBoss5 will work either. It should be able to charge fine, but due to that system’s digital requirements, the audio will likely not transfer to your system.

However no one has actually tried this before, so I suppose anything is possible. You can return anything you order from us within 60-days, so you’re welcome to give it a try and return it if it does not work for you. But to be honest, I would not expect this to work based on what we know about the way dockBoss air currently works with Infiniti G37 systems.

34. EddieLX says:

I have the USA SPEC PA20-TOY that I use with my 2008 LEXUS GS350 will the dockBoss air work with this accessory?

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any issues between the dockBoss air and USA Spec PA20 systems specifically. However, some of our other dockBoss products have had compatibility issues in the past with other USA Spec systems, so it’s possible that you could run into a compatibility issue here.

35. Steve says:

Will this be compatible with Samsung Note 3 that will be coming out September 4th?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. From what we know, the Galaxy Note 3 should have the same capabilities as the Note 2 with regards to sending charging and audio through their connection, so it should work just fine.

36. Miguel Matos says:

will this work with Yamaha pdx 50 dock and Samsung Galaxy S4 ?

• cablejivezack says:

Miguel, thank you for your interest in our products. To answer your question, unfortunately none of our dockBoss products (dockBoss, dockBoss air, dockBoss5, or samDock) are compatible with the Yamaha PDX-50 docking station. These products are compatible with both the PDX-30 and PDX-60 systems, which allow you to connect directly to the system. However, these products are not compatible when attached to Yamaha’s wireless adapter, which seems to be the only way to connect to the PDX-50 system.

We’re sorry we are unable to recommend a compatible solution to you here, but hopefully our products can help you elsewhere in the future.

37. Carlos says:

Hi, I want to connect a 30 pin dock male to HDMI male adapter to my TV and a DockBoss Air to it to be able to watch Netflix on my TV using a Galaxy S4. Do you think this might work or is there an easier solution?
    Thanks

38. larry Fleming says:

Is the DockBoss Air compatable with the Sony HT-SS370 Home Theatrer System?

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your interest in our products. We aren’t aware of any issues between the dockBoss air and Sony HT-SS370 systems specifically. However, some of our dockBoss products have had compatibility issues in the past with other Sony systems, so it’s possible that you could run into a compatibility issue here.

39. Vic Nugent says:

Hi will the galaxy s4 work using sam dock

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. To answer your question, yes, the samDock is perfectly compatible with the Galaxy S4.

40. David says:

Hello.
    I have a Nissan with iPod integration.
    Does the dockboss allows me to plug a flash drive with MP3 files on it and play it?
    Thanks!

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. To answer your question, the dockBoss does not work with USB flash drives. You must connect it to a device that is capable of playing audio via a 3.5mm headphone connection.

41. Adam milsom says:

Will the dock boss air be compatible with a ipod docking station in a volkswagen mk5 r32? Thanks

• cablejivezack says:

First off, thank you for your interest in our products. To answer your question, unfortunately our dockBoss products (dockBoss, dockBoss air, dockBoss5, or samDock) are not compatible with the digital audio iPod docking systems found in the Volkswagen R32 currently.

42. David says:

Trying to connect an android (LG g2x) to a bose soundwave. Will your cables work with other (non-Samsung) Android phones?

43. Chad Foote says:

I have an iPod integration kit with an Apline headunit in my 2010 Silverado Crew Cab. When I plug in an iPhone or iPod to the 30 pin cable, the phone is locked out saying accessory connected on the screen. iPods will charge on this cable, although iPhones will not, saying the accessory is not supported. All of the iPod controls are integrated into the head unit. I now have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and would like to be able to plug that in to the iPod cable somehow and play audio through the system in my truck. I have read about the products you offer, and am a little confused on which one will work best for me. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products Chad. Unfortunately, that “accessory connected” locking screen is exactly what we referenced in this blog post above to be a pretty good indicator that your Silverado’s iPod system requires a digital audio connection, and therefore likely will not work with any of our dockBoss products that need to be plugged into that old iPod connection.

The only way you’d be able to play audio from your Galaxy S4 through your Silverado’s system with our products is if the audio system in your truck has an AUX audio input (usually a female 3.5mm / headphone-sized port somewhere on or near your stereo receiver). If your truck’s audio system does have this port, then you could use our dockBoss air Car kit to get Bluetooth wireless audio for your truck:

44. Wisam says:

Hello, will the dockboss airplay work with my 2007 bmw Idrive iphone cable? Thank you in advance

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately, the our standard dockBoss products, including the dockBoss air, are not currently compatible with digital audio systems like BMW’s iDrive system. It is possible, if your car system has an AUX audio input, that you could get our dockBoss air Car kit to work:

Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60 days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to order one to try and return it if it doesn’t work as you’d hoped.

45. josh says:

dockBoss Air not connecting with Bose SoundDock. Not syncing. Help.

46. Klawd says:

Hi !
    I’m looking for a similar solution on a 8 pin (lightning) connector.
    Santa gave me a Bose SoundDock 3 for my iPhone 5 and I want to make it work wireless.
    I’ve found some “bluetooth audio receiver” on the internet but I’d rather have something to plug on the 8 pin connector.
    Is there any way to find something like that ?
    Claude

47. Olie says:

Hi, would the dock boss air work with a pioneer speaker? The xw-nas3-k in particular?

• cablejivezack says:

Thanks for your interest in our products! The dockBoss has had some compatibility issues with some of Pioneer’s digital audio systems, and we’ve had one report of a similar dockBoss product not working with the XW-NAS3-K, so I’m not positive that it would work for you currently. We will continue to look into this issue, in hopes of finding a solution for a future version of this product. Hopefully our products can help you elsewhere. If your car system has an AUX audio input, you can use our dockBoss air Car kit to connect devices to your system wirelessly via Bluetooth:

Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to order one to try and return it if it does not work for you.

48. James Toussaint says:

I ordered the dock boss 5 and I’ve tried everything and it doesn’t work! I have a Bose sound dock v1 (made in 2004). I have a galaxy note 2. I checked the box in the settings menu, I tried with a blackberry phone. No audio.I did the test with a iPod and it does not give me the locked screen. I don’t understand. Please help. Cable jive has even sent me a second dock boss 5 through guarantee. They don’t work. I think I’ll send them both back because I have no use for them.

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry to hear about this issue James. I saw you also sent a message to our support team. You should see a response from them now. We’re happy to help resolve this issue with you.

• James Toussaint says:

Thanks for your reply. I still have not received any news from cable jive support team. I hope we’re able to resolve this issue.

• cablejivezack says:

Sorry to hear James, we have resent the message. Please let me know if you do not see it this time. If not, we will find other means to get in contact with you.

49. James Toussaint says:

Thank you. The support team contacted me with solution. Hope it works, fingers crossed awaiting the new adaptor.

• AAG says:

James, I would like to now if they gave you a solution for your issue. This is because I have a sounddock Bose I V1 like you and I don’t Know it will work.
      Thank you.

• cablejivezack says:

Are you having trouble? If so, please contact our service department and we’ll be happy to help:

• James Toussaint says:

Hello, yes they did help me. You need the dock stubz and the dock boss five to make it work. So you plug the dock stubz into your bose and then the dock boss 5 into the dock stubz. You must get the dock stubz plus if you want it to charge your phone as well. It works great with my galaxy note 2. Hope this helps.

• James Toussaint says:

Here’s why you need the dock stubz.
        Bose SoundDock system is the older Series I version system that output the older, Firewire charging method (12V). The dockBoss5, like newer iPods and iPhones, requires 5V USB power in order to function.

50. AAG says:

Thank you James, then it is a solution too expensive!! Well, I’m buying a simple dockboss. They told me it’ll work.

51. Hi,
    Just purchased SamDock cable for my Galaxy S4 and Bose sound dock.

Phone won’t charge or play music.
    Music playing through phone only.

Do you have a solution?

52. fourfans says:

Will this allow an iPhone with a Mophie Juicepack to connect to (charge & play music) my iHome alarm clock?

53. Joe says:

I have a 2008 VW Jetta with the iPod interface in the center console. Was wondering if you know if the Dockboss is compatible with this 2008 model?

Thanks,

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. Our dockBoss air is compatible with most docking stations and iPod stereo systems available today, however there are some that are incompatible due to the more sophisticated digital audio requirements those systems demand. Unfortunately, we recently learned that the 2008 VW Jetta uses one of these incompatible systems, so the dockBoss air would not work for you alone in your vehicle. We hope to have this issue resolved in a future version of our dockBoss air, but we have no timetable for a release of that solution currently.

If your system has an AUX audio input, you could use our dockBoss air Car kit to stream audio from non-iPod devices that way, but currently it is our only available solution for systems like this:

54. I have a Galaxy S3 (I9300) and would like to know wether you can play audio trough USB with the dockBoss like the samDock does. Or do I have to play the audio through AUX?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. To answer your question, the samDock is the only product capable of taking advantage of Samsung’s “Audio Output Mode” setting, which allows both audio and charging to be sent through the Micro USB connector. Using the dockBoss5, you would need to have the AUX audio connection plugged in to get audio through your system.

55. Tomas says:

How it is different (works) between sounddock+ and sounddock5
    Thank you Tomas.

• cablejivezack says:

I believe you asking about the difference between our old dockBoss+ cable and our new dockBoss5 adapter. The two products basically serve the same function, but instead of the dockBoss+ cable which had short audio & micro USB connections, the dockBoss5 adapter provides female ports so customers can use any length or type of compatible 3.5mm cable (for audio) or USB charge cable (for power).

From a compatibility standpoint, both products use the same technology for communication with iPod systems, and are both compatible and incompatible with roughly the same docks.

56. Jeremy says:

I’ve got a PAC-Audio PXDP 1.5 hard wired to my 1998 Taurus with Mach Audio. Curious if this bluetooth unit would work properly with it?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. I’ve just checked in our system and we have no reported issues between any of our products and the PAC-Audio PXDP 1.5 system yet, so it should work for you. As long as your system outputs the appropriate power to charge an iPhone or iPod Touch, then it will also be able to power the dockBoss air. Regardless, you can return anything you order from us within 60-days from your original date of purchase, so you’re welcome to order anything from us to try, and return it if it does not work as you’d hoped.

57. ben says:

I also have a 2009 Jetta with a iPod dock station in the center console do you know if it has the same incompatibility issues as the 2008 Jetta?

• cablejivezack says:

Yes, unfortunately, as far as we have seen, our dockBoss products are currently incompatible with all VW and Audi systems. We are looking into this issue in hopes of resolve it in a future version of our dockBoss products, however, we have no timetable for the release of that solution currently.

If your system has an AUX audio input, you could use our dockBoss air Car kit to stream audio from non-iPod devices that way instead of through the 30-pin iPod connection, but currently it is our only available solution for systems like this:

• Ajai says:

Hello, any updates on when a dockBoss product will be available for Audi systems?

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. While we continue to look into possible solutions for Audi, VW and other incompatible systems, at this time we don’t have a concrete timetable for the release of any solutions like that. Check back from time to time, either on this blog or on our website, because if / when we do release a solution for Audi systems, we’ll be sure to report it there.

58. Christian says:

I’ve installed a Dension gateway 300 on my car, is it working? thanks for support

• cablejivezack says:

Thank you for your interest in our products. We are not aware of any issues between the Dension Gateway 300 and any of our dockBoss products yet, so it should work with our dockBoss cable: